Well, what an afternoons chess we had .. 48 players braved the stormy weather form Castlebar Co. Mayo, Ennis Co. Clare and of course players from all over Galway for an enjoyable afternoon of chess.
- Overall 1st – George Fearnhead (Moycullen)
- Second place – Markian Yerma (Doughiska)
- Third place – Evan Forde (Ennis Co. Clare)In the intermediate section the prize winners were ..
- Section 1st place – Callum Browne (Galway)
- Second place – Colm Enright (Castlebar Co. Mayo)
- Third place – Andrew Finnerty (Salthill) The Beginner section prize winners were ..
- Section 1st place – Daragh King (Brierhill)
- Second place – Ruadhan O’Dwyer (Knocknacarra)A number of players put in fine performances, making great scores and just missing out on prizes .. e.g. Christopher Burke (Clairnbridge) scored 5/6 and just missed out on tie-break, also Kenysha Ryder (Achill, Co. Mayo) scored 4.5/6. Six more players scored 4pts. but there is always another time and another competition.
Thanks to Mr. Michael Crowe for his involvement and support from the .. Chess for All charity that made the day possible.
You must be logged in to post a comment.