Congratulations to St. Geralds, Castlebar on their 5th straight win in the Connaught Chess Cup. Results .. 6 teams played (36 players) in the top section and all are qualified for the All-Ireland Finals on Sunday 15th April, in Gonzaga college, Dublin.
- St. Geralds “A team” – 26.5 points
- Dunmore “Rookies” – 15.0 points
- Castlebar, St. Geralds – 14.5 points
- The Bish, Galway – 13.5 points
- The Pres, Athenry – 11.5 points
- Dunmore, here’s rooking @ you – 9 points
The players Teachers earned their tournament Controller badges today .. Paul, Maire & Mairead taking results .. and helping with everything really, there was a massive turnout with over 100 students & it couldn’t have been done without their efficient & friendly assistance. Special thanks also to Galway Community College for hosting the competition and to Carol for her continued support & promotion of chess at the school ! Thank you all.
18 teams competed in the Shield section, and below is the league table: